The Center for Academic Writing held a Second Language Poetry Contest in 2016 in seven languages (English, Hungarian, German, Italian, French, Spanish and Chinese)
The contest was open to CEU students, faculty, staff, researchers, alumni, and visitors attending CAW foreign language courses.
November 30, 2015 – January 25, 2016 - The submission deadline was extended to February 29
The most important pieces of information in a nutshell
- You can submit one poem per language, written in a language other than your mother tongue
- The best 3 poems will be selected per language by a committee, consisting of a CAW teacher, a student and an alum. A Readers' Choice Award will also be given in every language.
- A small prize and certificate given to the best 3 poems per language and the Readers' Choice Award winner
- We are planning to send out a call to the community in January to submit visual art inspired by the poems and have an exhibition from the winning poems and the paintings, posters, videos, etc.
- We are looking for students and alumni to sit on the committees. If you are interested, are into poets and are fluent in a language, contact us. If you sit on a committee, your name will be posted on our web page.